The Fredericton Convention Centre is recruiting for the following positions:
- Bilingual Administrative Coordinator (contract. 8 months)
- Duty Manager (casual, hours vary)
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Bilingual Administrative Coordinator (Contract)- Application deadline Noon, January 13, 2020
The Fredericton Convention Centre is seeking a Bilingual Administrative Coordinator to assume a full-time contract (7 month) position. The candidate will be a dynamic and friendly individual who will represent FCC as the first face clients and guests see upon arrival. The perfect candidate will have strong multi-tasking skills, show initiative, be self-assured and enthusiastic.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Welcome and greet all guests via telephone and in person
- Respond to and assign client inquiries
- Prepare proposals, contracts, service orders, floor plans and invoices
- Assist and organize internal events, handle small spectrum bookings
- Assist sales and event teams in various tasks as assigned, including administrative duties
- Periodically be available for varied hours (including early and late shifts, weekends and holidays)
- Ability to assist with room set ups or changes if required
- Maintain customer relationship management software and data entry
- Post room checks and inventory
- Creating and sharing accurate event listings for internal/external distribution
- Updating FCC website as requested
- Bilingual (English & French)
- Diploma or degree in hospitality or related field (or equivalent) is preferred
- Team player attitude
- Demonstrated strong organizational skills
Please email cover letter and resume on or before January 13, 2020 to email@example.com.
Duty Manager - Casual, Hours Vary
We are seeking dynamic individuals to assume the role of part-time casual Duty Managers.
Reporting to the Meetings & Events Department, Duty Manager responsibilities include:
- Be an ambassador of the FCC service standards and create an outstanding guest experience
- Welcome and direct guests to function rooms with personalized service
- Provide coat check services when required
- Assist/answer guests with any inquiries/needs
- Liaise with banquet team to ensure smooth operation and flow of events
- Understand team goals and support the team to achieve excellence
- Grade 12 diploma or equivalent credentials
- An acute sense of detail and ability to anticipate client needs
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work flexible hours based on client and business requirements (includes daytime hours)
- Must be able to maintain a positive attitude in a very busy environment
- Experience in a fast-paced support environment preferred
- Preference is given to bilingual (French/English) candidates
Hours are casual and vary based on business levels. Looking for individuals who can work days, weeknights and weekends. Please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Fredericton Convention Centre’s mandate is to attract new events to Fredericton and as such the team is dedicated to ensuring each delegate receives a warm Maritime welcome in New Brunswick’s Premier Meeting Destination. Are you willing to go above and beyond to ensure our guests have a fantastic experience? If so, we want to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE: Hiring an extraordinary team of professionals to lead the Fredericton Convention Centre requires timing of open positions and an organized system.
While we are pleased to accept and hold onto all resumes of interested individuals, return phone calls or letters of receipt will not be issued unless we are inviting you to interview for a specific position.
Thank you for your interest in our facility and we thank you for your understanding. Inquiries may be sent to email@example.com