The Fredericton Convention Centre staff are waiting to welcome you and your event. We will work closely with you to ensure your success, and will be flexible to meet your needs.
However, we still need to write down some policies and procedures to keep all events on track.
Policies and Procedures
- No decorations, signage or display materials are to be taped, tacked or attached to any walls and interior/exterior doors unless authorized by FCC.
- No display or any portion of a display is to obstruct any exit aisles or doorways.
- FCC is required by law to obtain performing rights licenses and remit fees back to SOCAN (Society of Composers, Authors & Music Publishers). This licensing fee will apply to receptions, conventions, fashion shows and dances. Some bands may already be licensed, and if so please provide a copy so the fee will be waived.
- FCC is required by law to charge for events that include pre-recorded musical entertainment (i.e. DJ). Please note that HST is applicable. This fee is in addition to the SOCAN fee.
- Shipments of goods for events must be pre-arranged with FCC. No shipments will be accepted prior to the day of the event. All boxes etc. must be clearly marked with the name, date and the building location of the event or they will not be accepted. The FCC does not provide for continuous storage of any kind.
- All electrical cords, connections and appliances are to comply with the Electrical Code.
- All function areas will be assessed after each event for damages and a damage charge may apply.
- All wording for advertising, tickets, posters and print must be approved in advance by FCC management, to ensure accurate use of our name, logo, address etc.
- Any changes regarding room set up, event and/or access times and menus must be given 72 hours (3 business days) prior to the event or labour & set up charges may apply.
- Should the number of guests attending the event differ from the original number quoted, FCC reserves the right to provide an alternative room to suit the group size.
- Invoicing will be based on the guaranteed number or actual number of attendees, whichever is the greater.
- FCC is not responsible for damages, or loss of any articles left on the premises, prior to, during or following any event.
- Decorations and equipment must be removed at the end of the event, unless prior arrangements have been made.
- Excess food items from the buffet may not be taken out of the facility.
- FCC uses Freeman Audio Visual Canada as our preferred audio-visual supplier. If any other supplier is used, fees may apply.
- FCC uses Freeman Audio Visual Canada as our exclusive rigger. If your event requires rigging services, you will be responsible to pay for this service.
- FCC uses Freeman Audio Visual Canada as our exclusive electrical provider. If extra electrical is required, you will be required to pay for this service.
- FCC reserves the right to inspect and control all events including conduct and performance of entertainers and audible level of music played.
- FCC and its guests must comply with the requirements of Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS). When such materials are delivered, please ensure a current copy of all WHMIS data sheets for all hazardous material is included.